Our volunteers are the heart and soul of our community. Our passion for language and our expertise in technology are the cornerstones of all our operations and our many impactful programs. We bring a selfless commitment and a vitality that fuel our projects, support each other’s careers, and form lasting connections within the industry.
Benefits of joining the Translation Commons volunteer community
- Join our Language Digitization Initiative and work with a team of experts in partnership with UNESCO’s International Decade of Indigenous Languages helping communities around the world take their first steps in digitization.
- Collaborate with your peers on community projects you feel passionate about
- Develop new skills
- Accelerate your career
- Expand your professional network
- Learn from experts and forge strong professional relationships
Join the Translation Commons volunteer community
To get involved:
- Watch this short video on what our volunteers achieved in our Progress Report 2021
- Take a look at the Current Openings
- Fill in the volunteer form
If you can see yourself in any of these roles, please click on the “Become a Volunteer” button below.
If none of these roles are quite what you’re looking for, feel free to fill out the form anyway. We can work with you to find the right role in our team of volunteers.
If you are passionate about languages, spread the word by advocating for Translation Commons’ mission and join the many Volunteer Contributors.
Once you fill the form, our team will contact you and invite you to our volunteer bi-weekly meeting on Saturday mornings at 8.30 am PST where you will learn more about our projects and start your onboarding process.
We are so happy to welcome volunteers daily to our growing team!