Translators, Localization Group (Volunteer)
The Translation Commons Localization Group is looking for volunteer Translators to work remotely on various projects depending on their experience, availability, and specializations. The translators translate materials ranging from articles and videos to technical documentation. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to an international volunteer organization and to share your expertise with less experienced volunteers. If chosen for this role, your name will be placed in the list of contributors to the translated document alongside other professionals.
This is a volunteer and remote opportunity.
Current projects require translation from English and French into various languages.
The target language varies on a per-project basis. This means that there may not be a project for your language pair at any given time, and volunteer work is not guaranteed. However, signing up will put you into our database to be contacted when a project in need of your language pair arises. This opportunity is open to students as well.
- Learning how to work in the Translation Management System utilized by the project manager;
- Translating the segment(s) of the source material assigned to you by the project manager into the target language in accordance with the language resources (termbase, style guide);
- Joining weekly/biweekly meetings with other project members;
- Native speaker of the target language;
- Ability to commit to translating at least 500 words per week.
If you find a specific preferred project where your qualifications are a good fit, please specify the project in the Sign Up Form.
After applying, the candidate will be asked to participate in a short virtual interview.
Please click the “Become a Volunteer” button above to apply. The “Apply Online” section below is optional.