Talent Volunteer Manager (Volunteer)
Translation Commons is looking for a created and motivated leader to take up the remote volunteer position of Talent (Volunteer) Manager. This role will work in conjunction with a second Talent Recruitment Manager to manage a team of Recruiters to fulfill these functions within the Talent Management Group.
The Manager are the first contact for new candidate inquiries for Translation Commons. The Manager will oversee these Recruiters and help them develop recruiting strategy in line with growth, visions and organizational goals. Recruitment Managers will interview new potential Recruiters and motivate and inspire the team.
Through this position, you will learn the inner workings of the Talent department of a non-profit organization focused on languages. This role will help you pursue careers in Recruitment, People Management and HR.
This is a volunteer and remote opportunity.
- Working with the Talent group advisor to develop and improve structure and communication channels for recruitment within the Talent Management Group;
- Creating Recruiter roles that need to be filled within the Talent Management Group and interviewing volunteers to fill these roles;
- Managing and motivating the Recruiters within the Talent Team to ensure that progress is being made;
- Implementing and refining the overall recruitment strategy in line with the growth;
- Working with other Group Managers to create recruitment criteria and delegate recruitment assignments to Team.
- Occasionally meeting with Marketing Team to discuss social media strategy for recruitment campaigns;
- Evaluating and improving TC’s recruitment strategies;
- Maintaining relationships with external networking groups, organizations, or universities to discover new talent pipelines;
- Delegating tasks to Recruitment volunteers to ensure the functioning of the group;
- Making final decisions related to the Recruitment Team;
- Being the central point of contact for all recruitment needs.
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Ability to motivate and inspire volunteers;
- Visionary outlook of the group’s contribution to TC’s mission;
- A “go-getter” attitude and the ability to take initiative to develop new goals for the Recruiters within the Talent Management Group;
- Ability to identify problems and to use creativity and initiative to solve them;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead meetings;
- Weekly commitment of at least 5 hours per week.
After applying, the candidate will be asked to participate in a short virtual interview.
Please click the “Become a Volunteer” button above to apply. The “Apply Online” section below is optional.