Social Media Manager (Volunteer)
Translation Commons is looking for a creative and motivated person to take up the volunteer position of social media manager. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to an international volunteer organization and to share your expertise.
The social media manager will aid our marketing team with activities in Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Meta, youtube, blogs, newsletters and other marketing content. The team also identifies potential partners and promote our causes and creates a loyal following of supporters.
Through this position, you will learn how a non-profit organization focused on languages uses technology and social media to further their mission and goals.
This is a volunteer and remote opportunity.
- Language Digitization Initiative, our biggest program in partnership with UNESCO’s International Decade of Indigenous Languages
- Interpreter Commons, specializing in our community’s interpreters
- Awareness campaigns targeted to different sectors
- Fundraising campaigns
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with social media platforms;
- Experience creating and managing ad campaigns preferred;
- Strong project management skills preferred;
- Strong communication skills;
- Community building skills;
- Ability to proactively identify problems and to use creativity and initiative to solve them;
- Weekly commitment of at least 5 hours per week.
After applying, the candidate will be asked to participate in a short virtual interview.
Please click the “Become a Volunteer” button above to apply. The “Apply Online” section below is optional.