Program Manager, Language Digitization Initiative (volunteer)
The Language Digitization Initiative in Translation Commons aims to enable digital support for all the world’s languages to ensure all linguists, languages and cultures participate fully on the internet. The team has several projects ongoing, such as creating resources, training material, tools, courses and communities of practice amongst indigenous peoples, academic researchers and professors.
We are looking for Project Managers to help us organize the many projects, liaise with our Advisors and Experts as well as share with our other teams progress and news. Different projects have various responsibilities. Some involve virtual online event organization, some involve writing and social media and some involve technical documentation working with experts. All projects have teams involved that meet weekly or bi-weekly. Weekly commitment required is a minimum of 5 hours.
This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to an international volunteer organization and to share your expertise. Through this position, you will be a liaison between the group advisors, multiple stakeholders and volunteers. This role will help you pursue careers in program and product management.
This is a volunteer and remote opportunity.
- Working with the group advisors to develop and improve frameworks and communication channels for the different processes within the program;
- Being the central point of contact for all experts and contributors within the program;
- Delegating tasks to ensure the functioning of the program;
- Coordinating meetings;
- Acting as owner on all the documentation related to the program;
- Sharing with the Program Management Group Managers updates, challenges and needs.
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Experience in program and project management;
- Visionary outlook of the group’s contribution to TC’s mission;
- Ability to identify problems and to use creativity and initiative to solve them;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to lead meetings;
- Weekly commitment of at least 5 hours per week.
After applying, the candidate will be asked to participate in a short virtual interview.
Please click the “Become a Volunteer” button above to apply. The “Apply Online” section below is optional.
|Language Digitization Initiative