Localization Project Managers, Localization Group (Volunteer)
The Translation Commons Localization Group is looking for volunteer remote Localization Project Managers to coordinate localization projects to ensure consistency, quality, and efficient turnaround of deliverables. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to an international volunteer organization and to share your expertise with less experienced volunteers. If chosen for this role, your name will be placed in the list of contributors to the translated document alongside other professionals.
This is a volunteer and remote opportunity.
- Working with the Account Managers to establish the scope of project, including project type and schedule;
- Preparing and formatting project files, when necessary;
- Working with Language Leads to determine which language professionals are the right fit for the project;
- Coordinating and hosting project kickoff meetings so there is an opportunity to answer questions before project start;
- Creating and documenting all project info where necessary (Translation Management System, Google Drive);
- Coordinating meetings with the language professionals to gauge progress and answer questions;
- Recording all issues and troubleshoot solutions when possible;
- Proactively communicate with project members to ensure they are given all necessary tools and permissions to do their job well;
- Acting as liaison between your team and the broader group;
- Enabling, encouraging, and driving the team.
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- A “go-getter” attitude and the ability to take initiative to drive projects;
- Able to identify problems and to use your creativity and initiative to solve them;
- Strong project management, communication skills, and attention to detail;
- Weekly commitment of at least 5 hours per week;
- Background in managing groups and experience with project management tools or TMS highly desired
After applying, the candidate will be asked to participate in a short virtual interview.
Please click the “Become a Volunteer” button above to apply. The “Apply Online” section below is optional.
|Job Category||Localization Group|