Content Writer (Volunteer)
Translation Commons is looking for intuitive and creative writers to help us create social media posts and blogs for the Language Digitization Initiative. This position will investigate the latest news and information related to the Campaign topic they will be writing under. All content is related to the Language Industry and there are several content campaigns: Endangered Languages, Language and Culture, Terminology in Pop Culture, Translation Industry News, LDI Campaign (a special program made up of several language projects), and Translation Commons News. Content Writers are responsible for creating the content that is posted on the TC blog.
This is a volunteer and remote opportunity.
- Working with the Campaign Manager and other Content Creators in your campaign to come up with creative content and article ideas;
- Research, investigate and discover new and interesting topics that are related to your campaign to write about;
- Carry out interviews when needed depending on the topics being written about;
- Be a source of knowledge about the topic related to your Campaign;
- Be a source of creativity by offering suggestions for new and exciting projects for Translation Commons;
- Work with the Editing Team to review and fine tune written content;
- Create articles and news updates related to the topic of your campaign.
We are looking for individuals with the following qualifications:
- Interest in writing and investigating topics;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Weekly commitment of 3 to 8 hours per week;
- Be open to constructive criticism;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
After applying, the candidate will be asked to participate in a short virtual interview.
Please click the “Become a Volunteer” button above to apply. The “Apply Online” section below is optional.